• Everything You've Heard Is True

    "I would compare it to the microwave oven - or the internet."
    ♪Bing♫
    She's talking about laundry.
    "This will definitely change things.  Some people will just keep doing it the old way..."
    ♪Bing♫
    That's right, laundry.
    ♪Bing♫

         You've seen it, right?  The commercial with the blond woman in an orange shirt singing the praises of the next new laundry product.
         Purex 3 in 1.  
    It was my friend, not the commercial who first introduced us, inviting me to sleep in her freshly laundered sheets - I ♥LOVE♥ Hotel Wardell!  It was a coupon for $2.50 off that actually convinced me to buy my first package.  $5.97 in WalMart's detergent aisle.  Six bucks.  Twenty loads.  That's thirty cents a load - or eighteen cents after my coupon!  Thirty cents for washing, softening and anti-staticing (which apparently isn't even a word).
         Last night I crawled beneath soft, cool, fresh sheets and as I buried my nose in my pillow, (inhaling what I'm sure was the very scent of heaven) I laughed at myself because I had become that woman in the orange shirt who couldn't stop smelling the towel.  I had become a believer.  Everything I'd heard was true.
         So, let's compare.  My regular detergent is Purex 2X Ultra Concentrate After The Rain Mega Costco 150 loads.  $15.  That's ten cents a load with no softeners or anti-static magical powers.  And I get 1% cash back on every Costco purchase which might be about 45 cents a year - SCORE!
         It's important to me to be frugal.  I love a good deal.  I love to save money.  I love coupons. And now I love Purex 3 in 1.  The question is, will I give another twenty cents to surround myself in it?
         Here is my decision:  I will keep it in supply but I'll treat it like a laundry diet.  Only for bedding and towels.  My regular detergent is completely adequate for our everyday clothes.  Who knows, maybe Costco will start carrying it and I'll make a whole dollar back!
         The bottom line:  Purex 3 in 1 is amazing!  It's brilliant!  I don't know why someone didn't come up with it before.  Find coupons.  Use them.  Turn into a ridiculous commercial mom who can't get her nose out of her linens.  You won't regret it, I promise!
    ♪Bing♫
  • 0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    GET A FREE QUOTE NOW

    Answer a few questions and we'll get back to you as soon as we can with a quote for your desired services. [COMING SOON]

    ShareThis

    ADDRESS

    Durham, ON, CANADA

    EMAIL

    publishing@alannarusnak.com