• BoneMan's Daughters by Ted Dekker {book review}

    This book broke my heart. It was horrifying and gut-wrenching, chill-you-to-the-bone, hard to stomach but impossible to put down. It crawled into my mind and made me squirm. Ted Dekker has created characters that will take me a long time to forget. The BoneMan is a terrifying monster, and the fact that he's loosely based on a real predator from Dekker's own life makes him that much more frightening. The love of a failed father for the daughter that coldly rejects him propels the plot as it twists from a bunker in Iraq to a basement in Texas. It's a heart-pounding, adrenaline fueled ride that left me breathless and blinking at tears. The best $5.99 (Costco special!!!!!) that I've spent in a long time.
    Ted Dekker continues to surpass my expectations and has earned and maintains his spot in my all time top five!
    There are two things I love about Ted Dekker; nay, three that I would abandon all obligations to lose myself in.
    One: He is a master of suspense.
    Two: His exploration of the human psyche, in all it's flaws and glory, blows my mind.
    Three: The tales he weaves are so brilliant, so vivid and riddled with that timeless theme of good verses evil (without seeming ordinary and redundant) that I can revisit his stories over and over again and always be surprised, always entertained and always convicted on some level within my own character.

    The BoneMan's Daughters
  • 0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    GET A FREE QUOTE NOW

    Answer a few questions and we'll get back to you as soon as we can with a quote for your desired services. [COMING SOON]

    ShareThis

    ADDRESS

    Durham, ON, CANADA

    EMAIL

    publishing@alannarusnak.com