• God Is A Pirate

    "Is God real?" 

    All three kids are piled into the back seat of the Passat.  This is where conversation can happen. Away from television and video games and toys.

    Liam is facing Zander, turned sideways in his booster.  "Yeah, he's real," says Zander in a what-an-annoying-question-I-can't-believe-you-don't-know-that kind of way.

    "Den why can't I see him?" Liam asks defiantly.

    Zander sighs.  "Because he's in heaven."

    "But where is even heaven?"

    "In the sky."

    "Oh yeah?" Liam is not convinced.  "Why doesn't he fall out den?"

    "I don't know, Liam, leave me alone!"

    "Mommy?"  Liam is facing forward now, catching my eye in the rearview.  "How does God even see evwything?"

    "I don't really know, Liam, he just can."

    "Hmmmmm....I bet he has a crwazy big tewescope dat he watches us with."

    "You think so?"

    "Uh huh."

    "Yeah!" squeals Noa.  "A tewescope!  Wike dis!"  She's curled her fingers into circles around her eyes.  "Wike a piewit!"

    "Dat's wight, Noa,"says Liam.  "Just wike a pirate!"
  • 0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    GET A FREE QUOTE NOW

    Answer a few questions and we'll get back to you as soon as we can with a quote for your desired services. [COMING SOON]

    ShareThis

    ADDRESS

    Durham, ON, CANADA

    EMAIL

    publishing@alannarusnak.com