• Ten Year Old Sentiments

    He catches me at the sink, big construction paper card in his hands.  "I'd like to read you a poem," he says.  So I wipe my hands and turn to face him.

    He stands like an orator, arms outstretched with notes before him, chin lifted confidently with the self-assurance of one who is about to blow someones mind:

    This is a poem I wrote at school
    And I hope you think it's cool.
    I love you and there are many reasons why
    Like in the morning how you say hi
    And your loving eyes, as blue as the sky
    And even when I forget to thank you
    You remind me with glee.
    Even though I sometimes forget you are cool
    You still drive me to school.
    I also love your art and just like your art
    You have a big spot in my heart.

    Happy Mother's Day!

    And I think it's hilarious and adorable and almost enough to ignore the dirty socks on the living room floor.



  • 0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    GET A FREE QUOTE NOW

    Answer a few questions and we'll get back to you as soon as we can with a quote for your desired services. [COMING SOON]

    ShareThis

    ADDRESS

    Durham, ON, CANADA

    EMAIL

    publishing@alannarusnak.com