• Brushing

    She crawls behind me on the couch, small hands pressed gently against my neck for balance as she perches at my back.  "Ten you take out you ponytaowl, Mommy?  I wantta bwush you hayar."

    I unlock strands from a frayed elastic, letting it fall in a messy sheet, kinked and dull from it's dinner time prison.

    "Whoa.  You hayar so long!  Wike Punzzle!"

    "Like Rapunzel?"

    "Dat's what I sayd...just wike Punzzle."

    She already has the brush and lays it gently upon my scalp, pulling it down through tangles, whispering..."caow-fu-wwee...caow-fu-wwee..."

    She plants a hand on my head and curls her face around to look at me.  "Do you wike dat, Mommy?"

    "Yep."

    Back to brushing.  "I haff to be caowfuwl."

    "That's right.  I don't want you to hurt me."

    "I wouldn't.  I be caofuwl.  I be nice.  Weal nice.  Wike Santa!"

  • 0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    GET A FREE QUOTE NOW

    Answer a few questions and we'll get back to you as soon as we can with a quote for your desired services. [COMING SOON]

    ShareThis

    ADDRESS

    Durham, ON, CANADA

    EMAIL

    publishing@alannarusnak.com